Guest excellence team member
High level Responsibilities:
- Providing excellent wait service to ensure satisfaction
- Taking customer orders and delivering food and beverages
- Making menu recommendations, answering questions and sharing additional information with restaurant patrons
- Be positive and always work on WOWing our customers even with just small gestures
We are looking for a skilled team member to take orders and deliver food and beverages to our customers.
The right person uplifts the dining experience for customers. We are looking for someone who will have the patience, personality and perseverance to thrive in this role.
In a nutshell your daily tasks include greeting and serving customers, providing detailed information on menus, upselling, multi-tasking various front-of-the-house duties and collecting the bill. If you are able to perform well in fast-paced environments, we’d like to meet you. To be a successful you should be polite with our customers and make sure they enjoy their meals. You should also be a team player and be able to effectively communicate with our team both front and back of house to make sure orders are accurate and delivered promptly.
Keep in mind that your duties may require working in shifts and/or during weekends and holidays.
Ultimately, it is the duty of our guest service team members to provide an excellent overall dining experience for our guests.
- Greet and escort customers to their tables
- Present menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies)
- Prepare tables by setting up linens, silverware and glasses
- Inform customers about the day’s specials
- Offer menu recommendations upon request
- Up-sell additional products when appropriate
- Take accurate food and drinks orders, using an order pad or by memorization, accurately enter the order into the POS software
- Check customers’ IDs to ensure they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages
- Communicate order details to the Kitchen Staff, especially any special requests
- Serve food and drink orders, swiftly
- Check dishes and kitchenware for cleanliness and presentation and report any problems
- Arrange table settings and maintain a tidy dining area
- Deliver checks and collect bill payments
- Carry dirty plates, glasses and silverware to kitchen for cleaning
- Meet with restaurant staff to review daily specials, changes on the menu and service specifications for reservations (e.g. parties)
- Follow all relevant health department regulations
- Provide excellent customer service to guests
- Proven work experience as a Waiter or Waitress
- Hands-on experience with cash register and ordering information system (e.g. Revel POS or Toast POS)
- Basic math skills
- Attentiveness and patience for customers
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Active listening and effective communication skills
- Team spirit
- Current RSA certificate
- Flexibility to work in shifts
- High school diploma; food safety training is a plus
- The Base rate: We pay the restaurant award as base payment (~$23) plus you can earn more then $50 p/h with our bonus system.
- BONUS: Earn
$30+ p/hwith ease in our bonus system. For every 5* review, your will get $10, only $3 of it will go to the kitchen team to appreciate their work too.
If you think you can do that, we are excited to talk to you.
Please send us an email with your details, resume and some text of why you would fit to our Edelweiss experience